Friday, August 16, 2013

A CHALLENGE for you

An important part of THE PATTI PLAN (my attempt to live a healthy and active life) involves strengthening important core muscles. This was VERY challenging for me post-baby. However, it is totally worth a few minutes of your time two to three days a week. Abs help with posture and breathing especially when you are TIRED during a race.


I challenge you to add an element of CORE work to your routine.



Decs has a long history of crazy core workouts.

 

My friend NBH (a pretty hard core athlete) shared this little GEM with me. Give it a try!

It is called the 8 minute challenge.

50 jumping jacks
10 push ups
20 crunches with a 1 second hold on each
20 Bicycles
20 Mountain Climbers
30 second Plank
Repeat this series for a total of 3 cycles...YES 3 cycles.

I do this mini workout a few times a week before I run. The first time I did it in 8:43. My best time to date is 7:45.  It MAY hurt a little...I am not going to lie!! DO IT ANYWAY.  You will notice a difference in your running. I promise.


Questions
1) What core workouts do you recommend?
2) What is your best time for the CHALLENGE above?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment