Thursday, August 29, 2013

Throwback Thursday and I really LOVE my running shoes!


This lil gem was taken about 3 weeks before the arrival of our son. I got the idea from Pinterest. In the pic I found the wife had on high heels, the husband running shoes and I forget what the baby shoes were..but they were cute! I can be a girly girl, but running shoes are DEFINATELY more ME. It was a no brainer when deciding what shoes to wear in my picture!

What CRACKS me up...

 These shoes aren't even pretty or new. I had this pair for about 6 months, they were good and broken in, and almost to the point of needing to be replaced! They had mud and many miles of road dirt on them AND they are forever captured in one of my favorite pics of all time!

I REALLY LOVE MY SHOES.

I have worn Asics Gel-Nimbus 14 for a while now! Just to show you my dedication to the brand AND particular model, when they offered them in this interesting color combo.... I STILL bought em!



THIS is loyalty....I know.

Truth is, these kicks have been good to me too. I am no running spring chicken! I have been hitting the pavement for 18+ years. These shoes last me a LONG time (truth is, I probably keep them too long!!). I haven't had a severe injury since college (knock on wood) and I think the shoes play a big part in that. They are stable enough for the road and light enough for the off-road courses. I LOVE THEM and if you ask me, I will tell you they are THE VERY best running shoe out there....for me.

 

Every runner I know SWEARS by the particular shoe they wear.

GOOD for you!!! YOU should LOVE your particular brand and style!!!  You should think they are the VERY best! They are the only piece of equipment you TRULY need....might as well be PERFECT for you!

Since running shoes are SO VITAL to your running safety and success make sure you are properly fitted! In Memphis we have GREAT specialty stores with VERY knowledgeable, friendly people who will help you find the PERFECT shoe for you!

Get fitted in the afternoon or evening. Your feet get a bit bigger after you have been walking around all day. They also are a bit bigger when you run so you will get a good fit later in the day!

 

Breakaway and Fleet Feet are awesome places to go in Memphis. Click on the links to get more information.


GO GET the PERFECT shoe, LOVE THEM, BRAG ABOUT THEM TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS!
New shoes day is THE BEST DAY!

Questions:
What brand and style of shoe do you wear?
Do you LOVE them as much as I love mine??
Do you take the time to be fitted in a specialty store?

1 comment:

  1. I used to only run in Reebok's now I run in Saucony's, I got my first 3 pairs from, holabirdsports.com they usually have good deals on shoes and I normally buy 2-3 each time. I've been running on Rider 5 model and like them so far. They are very light compared to the Reebok's I was used to running in.

    ReplyDelete