Wednesday, August 14, 2013

follow me......do it.....sharing is caring.....tell your family....tell your friends....all the cool kids are doing it.


This is THE PATTI PLAN.


A few years ago, a doctor I worked with would joke that fried food or a sedentary lifestyle "wasn't on THE PATTI PLAN". It became an easy way to sum up the way I try to live my lifeNo need to make excuses for turning down a greasy hamburger or explain why I packed more workout clothes than normal clothes on my last trip. Just following THE PATTI PLAN!! 


I love to RUN!
I love talking about running, reading about it, and encouraging others to do it too. I have been a runner 18 years...whoa that sounds like forever.... I still feel 20 something, but technically I am 32. I think running is the fountain of youth. I would LOVE to still be trucking along well into my 90s.

This is Decs. He is the best running partner I have ever had. He never objects when it is training time! He is often heard shouting encouragement such as "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" and "Go! Go!" I imagine some day soon he will yell something embarrassing like "GET out of the WAY!" and I will be FORCED to pick up the pace out of sheer mortification.  He LOVES the running stroller. LOVES it. We do about 1/2 to 3/4 of my training runs together.  P.S. his neck is fine. he used to fall asleep like this all the time!

Finding time

Working mother, nurse, wife, daughter, sister.... I wear a lot of hats. I am sure you do as well. I am not one of those people that dedicate my entire day to working out. YES it is one of my favorite parts of the day, but LET'S ALL BE REALISTIC.

This girl: www.hungryrunnergirl.com  gave me the idea to start a blog. She is adorable, a crazy good runner, and always learning more about running. A few wonderful friends and family encouraged me to give blogging a try. I think it will be so much fun!



FOLLOW ME..... as I navigate life, figure out what blogging is all about, set goals, RUN..RUN..RUN, and continue to follow THE PATTI PLAN.



Questions:
Why do you run? What motivates you? What hinders you?

Are you a beginner or veteran?

What running topic would you like to know more about??


 


 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Patti! I also read Hungry Runner Girl's blog. I'd like to invite you to read my blog: http://mirandainmotion.blogspot.com . Thanks and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Patti Plan! Soooo excited!!!!

    Things that hinder me running include choosing to sit and drink wine instead and my iphone has no battery and thus I cannot run without music.

    I'd love to know more about choosing running shoes, particularly for a person with high arches (me!). GO GIRL! xoxo, KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm a fan of HRG and a friend of Miranda from MirandainMotion. Some how your blog made it my way and I thought I would say hello. I started running a little over a year ago to help break up the day,and give myself a personal goal. I'm obsessed with fitness (in a good way)and I feel like it gave me new meaning to my life (as weird as that sounds). I love reading real running stories, adventures and advice.

    Where are you at? Im in GA.

    www.theredheadedrunner.com

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete